A piece from the ongoing Banshee Collection of Corsets, Stays and Skirts made from antique, vintage and recycled materials inspired by faeries, whimsy and frills.
Style: Jane Stays - Short stays inspired by the transitional stays/corsets of the Regency era. A more lightweight stay design that still provides support and structure. Made with a self drafted pattern referencing stays from 1790-1820.
Measurements of garment (for an ideal your measurements should be 1-3 inches larger than the stays)
- bust: 30.5 inches / 77 cm
- waist: 24.5 inches / 62cm
- Vintage silk duchess satin
- A vintage crochet lace doily applique
- Durable 100% canvas inner layer
- Soft recycled cotton lining
- 3 metres of synthetic whalebone
- Jute cording channels to provide lightweight structure and support
- Bust and hip gores typical of the regency corsetry style
- Metal eyelets and laced with double faced satin ribbon
Due to the nature of working with vintage and secondhand materials this piece is a one off and cannot be replicated.